Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Classes

I offically met my cooperating teacher today. He seems really nice, and I don't think that I will have any problems. I am only going to be teaching three real classes (AP European History, Western Civilization and Christian Apologetics) and a study hall. I am done by lunch every day. Not bad eh? :) I have the opportunity to head down to the Middle School for 6th and 7th period to do some counciling observations. Should be interesting. I am looking forward to observing this week and hopefully taking a more active role in the classroom next week. As of right now student teaching doesn't seem very intimidating, but I have a strong feeling that it will change once I start to take a more active role and start teaching a few lessons.

In a little bit, my principle is taking the six of us out on a tour of Gallup. Gallup is a stone's throw from Rehoboth. I can actually see it out the window right now...no joke. So far in Gallup I've been able to find the grocery stores and Wal-Mart, I think that I'll be able to survive here! :)

An now, I leave you with a beautiful picture of Rehoboth. In the picture you can see one of the school's observatory and some of the trails that lead up to the Hog Back Mountains...very beautiful.

No comments: