I went spelunking this weekend, and it was a lot of fun! :) The six of us went up to Grants, NM where we hiked up to the rim of Bandera Volcano which is absolutly amazing. We also were able to "hike" into an ice cave...very cold but an awesome site to see. We really went spelunking an old lava tube at El Malpais. Since we didn't have the correct gear, we were highly encouraged to only do Junction Cave, which we did, however, we decided to turn left instead of right and to spend some more time exploring the old lava tubes. I'm glad that we were able to explore the tubes without having to have a lot of gear...more fun this way. Thankfully no one was injured. I did manage to fall, but don't worry, its only a couple of small spots on my finger and elbow where I am missing some skin. Other than that, I'm just really really sore.
Today, we all went on a 2 1/2 hour hike up by Fort Wingate at Milkranch Canyon. The views, even with 4 inches of snow is incredable...I'm glad that I took my camera along. I'll post some pictures as soon as I run to Walgreens, which will hopefully be tomorrow afternoon.
Tomorrow there is no school for the students at Rehoboth. However, there is a staff in-service day that I'm going to. I think that it will be very interesting to hear what the speaker has to share and to brush up on my first aid skills. As a teacher, I think that it would be a good thing to brush up on.
Okay, here are some pictures that I found on-line of Bandera Volcano and the Ice Cave.
No comments:
Post a Comment