Thursday, May 15, 2008

So, it's been quite a while since I gave you a real update. There is less than a month of school left...18 1/2 days to be exact. That means, there is only 32 days until I leave for China! :) I'm very excited to be going! I had a slight heart attack this week...the visa company called me looking for my offical letter of invitation from the Chinese government. What?!? I didn't know I needed one...so, I went with plan B, and made a hotel reservation while we're in Beijing. This way, I don't need this letter of invitation. One crisis solved and averted.

I'm still on the hunt for a roommate. I'm slowly learning patience. I don't want to rush into this, after all, it is my house.

My students are busy working on their Geography Fair Project...I'm nervous to see how this goes. I hope that it works! They're putting in a lot of time and effort, which I'm glad to see.

The weather is finally starting to clear up and be nice. This weekend it is suppose to be in the 80s. We'll just have to wait and see if it actually happens.

Little brother graduated last weekend. Seems strange that my family is done with college. There are times when I miss being at Dordt and in the academic environment, but there are also other times when I'm really glad that I'm done with the writing of papers and the stress of college life.

Well, I think thats the scoop on me. Whats new with you?

No comments: