We arrived safely in Beijing yesterday morning around 7. We took the night train from Shanghai, which was a lot of fun. Trying to figure out where to go and what sleeping car was our was an interesting learning experience! Thankfully we'll know what to do tomorrow night when we leave for Xi'an.
The first "touristy" thing that we did when we arrived was to see the Great Wall of China. It is an amazing sight to see. I greatly encourage anyone who has the chance to go to China to see the Great Wall. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures soon of our adventures in Beijing. Last night we went and saw the Chinese Acrobats (spelling?). It was amazing! How these people can move and bend their bodies like that is beyond me! There were only 3 goof ups that I could see.
Today we went to the Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City and Tinnamen Square. So stickin cool! Hopefully we'll get to go inside the Masoleum of Chairman Mao...one of three in the world, and one of two for world leaders.
I think that tonight we're going to head to the Beijing Pearl Market...not sure what we're all going to do yet. We'll figure that out soon enough.
1 comment:
Say hi to Beijing for me! And Mao. :)
Post a Comment