Friday, November 17, 2006

Turkey Day


Thanksgiving is almost upon us! Huzah! I am very much looking forward to break this year. I am grateful that I have the ability and opportunity to get out of the great state of Iowa for a few days and pray that I don't get stranded in Denver like I was last year.
I am kinda bummed that I don't get to go home this year. Janean, Sherwin, Dale, Janelle, and Bennett are all going home, while Evan and I are left out in cold Northwest Iowa. I hope that they all eat a lot of turkey for me, or atleast attempt to bring me back some...that would be nice! :) For some reason, I don't think that it will happen. Oh well, its worth a shot right???
I think that I'm starting to go stir crazy. I have a 5,000 word paper due on the 28th, which is the day that get back from break. I have started the research, but I'm still not exactly sure home I'm suppose to pull it all together to make it sound intelligent. Hopefully I will find a lot of time this weekend to work on it, and get a lot of it finished, so I have one less thing to stress about during break.
It is hard to believe how fast this semester has gone by. As of today, there are only 33 more days left until I go home for Christmas. Yikes! Then its off to New Mexico for a half-semester of student teaching, return to Iowa for a week of classes and interviews and then off to my second placement. I am very much looking forward to student teaching, it will be a lot of work, but I think that it will be a very rewarding experience.

2 comments:

Dale and Janelle Swager said...

We are going to miss you at Thanksgiving too... but do you really want us to attempt to bring you back turkey?????

Nikki said...

I missed you! I got your package in the mail this week...yippy! You'll be getting a picture with e-mails very soon (Monday or Tuesday, I hope!)
Love ya!