Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Update

It has been a while since I last posted, and I thought that I better give you an update. Student teaching is going really well. I am loving teaching AP European History, however, I wish that my students were a little more talkative. My lesson this morning kinda bombed on me...I finished way earlier than I wanted to. Thankfully I had a plan B in mind and ended up using it. Hopefully tomorrow goes a lot better. Tomorrow I also start to take ove Western Civ. I'm in charge for the second half of the class period. We are going to the computuer lab to play an online trebuchet game and then work on their unit project. Next week I start teaching the Senior Christian Life class, and I am a little nervous about it. I do not feel qualified at all to teach this class, but I guess that I am going to have to.

This past weekend the student teachers and our RD went to the Grand Canyon, Painted Dessert and the Petrified Forest. It was really amazing to see these places and marvel at the wonder of God's creation. At the Grand Canyon we hiked about a 1,000 feet down on the Angel Bright Trail. It was incredable to see how fast the canyon changed and how much warmer it became the farther we went down. We didn't have a lot of time, so we didn't hike all the way to the edge of the Angel Bright Platue (sp?). The Painted Dessert wasn't very painted, I guess that I will just have to come back after the monsoon season in August to see it in full bloom.

I started looking at some schools that have history/social studies/government/civics openings for this fall. So far I have found five schools that sound really amazing and that I will be putting in an application. I have already started to work on one application, and hopefully I will keep my act together and see how far my professors are coming on my letters of recomindation. The job hunting process is a fun, and a little scary at the same time. It also doesn't seem real to me that I am graduating in a few months and will be out in the real world. Man, how time flies!

1 comment:

Lynnea Vis said...

It's beginning to feel like you have been gone forever! Although you may be enjoying yourself, please come back soon and save my sanity...or if I have lost it by then try to restore it to me!
It is good to hear you have started looking for schools and that you are finding some you like. Also, many teachers have their lessons flop, it is having something to back it up and keep you going that makes a big difference. It sounds like you are doing great.
Miss you...oh, and your American Constitution book was never picked up, so it is still sitting in my room. Did you want to contact Karissa to see what's up, she hasn't replied to my emails.
COME BACK SOOOOON!!!!!!!