Saturday, February 17, 2007

Joys of weekends! :)

This weekend is thankfully a long one...three days! :) We're not doing a whole lot, which is fine by me. Today we slept in, went out for brunch, and then headed out the Gallup Flea Market once again. I bought stuff for me this time...a blue opal ring and a tourquise braclet...very nice if you as me. Tomorrow we're heading down to Zunni to do church on the Rez and tour another town were a handful of our students come from. Should be a fun day. Monday, I'm not quiet sure what we're going to do. Amanda and I would like to head back to downtown Gallup and go back to City Electric. I saw a really cute pair of black dress mocassins that I think would be sweet to own and teach in. I think that I'll just have to get them. I am hoping that the weather for this week stays nice. Today was in the low 50s, but it felt a lot warmer than that in the sun. I would like to go hiking in Box Canyon while the weather is still nice...I am hoping that I can do that on Monday.
I am "subbing" for my teacher on Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll be student teaching full time for a week and a half. Not bad if you ask me.
I recieved an e-mail the other day from a principal. The exciting news is that it is from a school that I was starting to think about sending a resume to. That made my day! :) I sent the principal an e-mail back with some questions, hopefully he'll respond soon. I am almost done with an application for a school in California and I am waiting to hear back about some of the corrections that I need to make to my cover letter for Mount Vernon Christian. As soon as I figure out how to write a really good cover letter I'll start sending out a lot of my resumes to schools that I would like to teach at. It seems really surreal that I am applying to schools already...I don't feel "old" enough to be a "real" teacher. I hope that it starts to feel real when interviews come around in a few weeks.
Last weekend the rest of the student teachers and myself went up to Alberquerque and visted the Shumates. It was nice to have a place to hang out at for a while and not be on campus. On Saturday we drove up to Santa Fe and did the Plaza. Very beautiful. Bex and I went and visted the Chapel of Loretta, where there is a 32 ft spiral staircase built without any nails. It was an amazing site to see. I cannot wait to get my pictures developed and to be able to start scrapbooking! :) I would have enjoyed my time in Santa Fe a lot more if my wonderful juniors hadn't given me food poisioning. They unplugged the fridge on Thursday night which had my lunch for Friday in it, and I forgot to throw out my yogurt, so I accidentally ate it. I really didn't feel good on Saturday. If any of you have had food posioning before, you know what it feels like...not fun.
Well, thats all I have to update you on for now. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

No comments: