Friday, February 2, 2007

Pictures and Western Civ



At the Grand Canyon!! Hiking down the Angel Bright Trail on the South Rim.













The student teachers at the Painted Dester. Denise, Jena, Eric, Amanda, Sara, Becca.













Bex and I at at prehistoric homestead at the Petrified Forest National Park.





The Grand Canyon was a blast as you can see by the pictures. I enjoyed every minute I was there.



Today was my first day of teaching Western Civ to sophomores...and man, are they very different from my AP Jrs and Srs. I had one student fall alseep on me, and another student doing homework for another class while I was teaching! I was also suprised by how rude they were to me. Granted, I am only a five or so years older than them, but they totally disrespected me...which made me feel awful about my teaching abilities. I am hoping that Monday goes better than today, if it doesn't it is going to be a long rest of the quarter. Please keep me in your prayers that I don't end up using T's cane on any of my students, or having to send them to the principals office. :S Don't worry, I will if I have to, but I hope that I don't.

Tomorrow we're heading out to the Gallup Flee Market and then we're on to Window Rock, AZ to visit Canyon de Chelly (pronounced de Che). It should be a lot of fun. The weather man said that it is suppose to be nice all day tomorrow, which will make hiking around the canyon very nice. Hopefully I'll be able to take some awesome pictures and be able to post them soon.

Well, thats all the news I have. For my Sioux Center people, I'll see you all in about a month! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey, Denise,

How's the rez? Have you started full-time yet? Mine's starting next week. It's ok; I only have 9 preps. Oh, the joys of a contained classroom. Are you lovin' it?