Thursday, February 8, 2007

It's February...

Life in New Mexico is going good...hard to believe that I'm only here for another three weeks! Where has time gone? I start full time student teaching next week, and I am looking forward to it. I played a game (Black Plague Simulation) yesterday with my Western Civ students, and it went a lot better than I had originally thought, or could have hoped for. We're playing another game with them on Tuesday -- a review game for their test. Next week isn't looking too terribly bad, and thats a wonderful thing! :)
This weekend we're heading up to Santa Fe, the Capitol of New Mexico. We've been told that there is a lot of wonderful things to see and do, and I think that all of us are looking forward to it. Since we're going to Santa Fe, I no longer have to help chaperone the Homecoming Dance! :) There was much rejocing. This week is Homecoming, and the students for the most part really get into it. I dressed up for two of the days so far, and I'm dressing up for tomorrow as well. It will be an interesting Friday thats all I have to say. For Homecoming they decorate the gym until all hours of the night, and are wipped for classes on Friday so I'm not planning anything too terribly strenous.
Well, I need to go check on dinner. Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi dear! I'm so glad you're excited for the last three weeks...I get excited to hear that all my awesome teaching friends are starting to feel more confident. Good deal. Hey, shoot me an e-mail on your thoughts on Survivor - I'll keep them if we want to watch them together, or I'll just watch them on my own if you're going to watch them yourself (or just ditch watching in general) Love ya!