God is so good to me!
After visiting Hesperia, and realizing that it wasn't the place for me, God had something bigger and better in store for me. Friday morning (after being home for a handful of hours) Mount Vernon called me, wondering if I would be willing to drive up there for an in person interview instead of having one over the phone. So, Mom and I headed up their Monday morning, and that night I had my interview. I felt that it went really well, and the principal even thought so too, which is always a good thing. Tuesday morning as Mom and I are getting ready to head back home, I get a phone call from MVCS asking me if I want a job! :) I am SO EXCITED!!!! I will be teaching 7th & 8th Grade Social Studies, Bible, maybe Language Arts, or some high school church history/Bible classes. The details are still being worked out.
I am looking forward to August now instead of dreading it. It is a huge relief to have a job and to know what I am doing with my life and my education. Right now, I need to find a place to live. Hopefully next month I'll be heading back up to Mount Vernon to look at some apartments or some condos to rent. So far I've found a few that seem affordable...now on to car insurance. :S yucky. Oh the joys of growing up! :)
So, if you're ever in the Seattle Area, give me a call, I would love to meet up with you!
4 comments:
Congratulations, Denise! That is so exciting! I know how you feel about growing up - it's starting to hit me now too. You mean I actually have to buy my own car and pay for it? Oh man... haha. Enjoy your summer!
Well, now that you have a job, you can really enjoy your summer!! Congratulations!!
Oh honey, that's soooo good to hear that you got a job. Major congrats. I'm so happy that the Lord was able to help you through all of this. He really does work in many wonderful way.
God bless honey, and don't forget to stay in touch!
Exciting! That means I will see you at convention, I bet!
Post a Comment