Well, I have recieved some chastisement about not updating my blog since I've returned from China. So, without further adue, here is the update!
China was an amazing experience...I'm really thankful that I had the opportunity to visit and to see a completely different culture than my own. My favorite experience/memory from my China visit, was being able to worship with atleast 60 different nationalities. Just hearing everyone sing praises to God gave me goosebumps, and hopefully a tiny glimpse into what heaven might sound like. My second favorite memory was being able to conquer parts of the Great Wall of China. It is so totally cool! :) I highly recomind that if you have an opportunity to go to China that you take it, and make sure that you take the time to climb the Great Wall. You'll feel like you're in the movie Mulan. ;)
Since coming home I've had the starter replaced on Edward. He's feeling much better and all of the auto mechanics that I've talked to had a hard time believing me that a five year old car needed a new starter. Let's just say that Edward is really living up to his last name...Special. Two weeks ago I suprised Mom and went home for the 4th of July and her birthday. I'm glad that I went home. I enjoyed seeing them again. Last weekend I went with Andrea and Jennifer to see the musical Beauty and the Beast. Very good...and we tried last night to rent the movie, and NO ONE has it. How frustrating is that! GRR!!! This weekend I'm going home for a friend's wedding. It's so weird to think that my friends from high school are starting to tie the knot.
Between spending time at home and watching musicals, I'm working for a local organic greenhouse/farm. I'm enjoying the work. Its a lot different than taking care of cows...'cuz these guys don't get out of the corral! ;0) I spend five hours pulling weeds, and I am so totally feeling it. My hands are stained brown...I don't know how to get them clean. Any suggestions?!? Tomorrow I get to "play" in the blueberry patch putting compost and sawdust around the plants. Anyone want to join me?!? It'll be tons of fun...I promise! You also get the bonus of working on your sweet farmer's tan.
Well, that's about it for the update on my life. I'm still working on posting pictures from Beijing and Xi'an. I'll post a link when they're up and ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment