Saturday, March 20, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...

Some days I feel like the little engine that could. I find myself constantly saying..."I think I can, I think I can." There is only 2 weeks left of school until spring break...maybe that's why I'm feeling this way. I'm not doing anything special, I'm going to mom and dad's, which will be nice. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. I'm also looking forward to doing nothing for a week. I'm contemplating not taking my GRE study book with me and refuse to study while I'm on "vacation."

I decided that I didn't like not having internet at home, so I saved up at bought a MacBook. I LOVE it! I was a little nervous about having to learn a new operating system, but I'm finding it very easy to use...maybe because it seems "left-handed" to me. I dunno.

There isn't a whole lot going on here by me. The weather is wonderful! Hopefully the weather stays nice for tulip time next month and that the tulips don't bloom too early.

Contract were due this week. I signed on for another year...sorry guys, you're suck! haha. I don't know how many more years I'll continue to teach middle school. I am hoping that someday soon I'll be able to teach high school full time, or teach a combination of middle school and high school. I had that my first year, and I really liked it. There are going to be a lot of changes taking place at school for the next school year. It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to it...I myself am slightly apprehensive, but I think it's only because I'm not a huge fan of change, even if it is a good type of change. We've already hired our new high school principal. Funny story, we both applied for the same high school teaching position three years ago, and he was offered the contract, and now we get to work together, just at a different school. We're in the process of hiring a new 6th grade teacher. It will be different not having Sherrie at school next fall. Like I said, a lot of changes are taking place at MVC. Hopefully we'll be able to handle all of the changes with grace and love. There is going to be an adjustment period, so we're going to have to learn to be patient.

Well, that's all of the news here. Drop me a line and let me know whats happening with you!

No comments: