Sunday, December 3, 2006

What a week...

Last week Wednesday afternoon Dordt suddenly lost a student to Jesus. Jon died of an acute asma attack, just two days before his 18th birthday. I didn't know Jon personally, but his death has affected almost everyone on campus.

On Thursday my apt had the Fessler family over for dinner. It was a lot of fun...good food and good company. I think that we'll have to have more professors and their families over.

Friday was a great day just because it was Friday. I went down to the Asylum for a few hours and hung out with some pretty neat kids...to bad that some of their parents don't realize how neat their kids really are. I have one more visit left, and I think that I'll be sad to be done with the Asylum. It is a great ministry, and the kids that come in, love it there.

Saturday, I spent most of my day sleeping and trying to fight off a cold. I'm slowly getting better. That night Roshelle and I went up to Sioux Falls to do some shopping. It was all fun until we were almost in an accident. Thankfully, we weren't the car that was hit, but since we saw what had happend, we stayed to file a witness report, since the car that was hit was blindsided and didnt' see a thing. So, I had the privaledge of sitting in a cop car, and talk with a nice police officer from the Sioux Falls PD. Yup, you heard it right, I was in a cop car this weekend! :)

Today was so very nice and relaxing. Kesli and I did nursery for Dale and Janelle, and it was a blast! We only had four kids, so it was on the quiet side. After church I hung around for the church pastoral potluck to begin. Being a churhc potluck, there was a lot of really good food. Since I kinda was a bump on a log this weekend, I really need to get some homework done.

No comments: